Pages


Friday, April 23, 2010

My Heart for the Nations

Please let me share with you a moment my heart for the nations. My heart for the nations began in childhood. God does many amazing, strategic plans for one’s life. He knows what we are going to do and prepares us along the way. It is very exciting to think He has it all planned and will give us the desires of our hearts. My father constantly told my mother when I was a child; I was going to be a missionary. I remember my whole childhood having a love for missions and foreign countries.

A very important person in my life is Bobby Jones. He was my Youth/College Minister at First Baptist LaGrange. Bobby asked the hard questions and made us think about our spiritual lives with God. I learned many things from him and his family. During college, I had been struggling with deci-sions on life plans. I heard Him call me into full time service. I did not know when or where but I knew I was going. Mission opportunities allowed me to hear God’s voice and allowed me for discern-ment with my life.

Another, influential person in my life is Katlyn Pedroza; she is a full-time missionary in Asia. She taught me true missions. I learned there is no such thing as a mission trip. Missions is a life-style. Every moment of your life should be a moment to show our Heavenly Father’s love to a person. Christians should always have Jesus’ eyes and Spirit ears. After learning missions is a lifestyle, I changed my perspective of missions. I still have a yearning for a foreign country but I know there will be a time and a place. Missions is my lifestyle with my current job and living in my home.

Church planting is a totally new way of thinking church. It is spectacular to see how the church is really the people and not the building. My current job is Director of Children’s Ministry at Auburn Church. Bobby Jones, my Youth/College Minister, remembered my calling and asked me to be apart of this amazing adventure called Auburn Church. Auburn Church is a church for the unchurched. It creates relative environments for people to invite others who do not know the love of Jesus Christ. As I work at Auburn Church, I feel as if I am a missionary in Auburn. I develop rela-tionships to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.

Passion for foreign countries is an amazing calling. I love to see how God is transforming my life into missions each and every moment. As I grow closer to Him and am in constant conversation with Him, I see His plan. My favorite verse is Psalm 46:10. “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in all the earth. ”My mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The people are in my apartments, Auburn, and anywhere in the world. “I’ll go anywhere, do anything, at any cost for You my King!” Steve Fee wrote a song about burning for Jesus to the ends of the earth. This song has meant so much to me as I am living for Him and developing into what He wants me to be. I think of this song as my theme statement. It is very true with my life for my King. My call in life is to lead people of other nations into a growing relation-ship with Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment